Endless Summer Fun in NYC and Beyond
Question – what six letter word never fails to make those of us living in the Northeast smile? Answer – S-u-m-m-e-r! Don’t get me wrong – we appreciate what the other three seasons bring us – well most of it. There’s just something about summer that immediately conjures up pictures of long, sunny days spent outdoors, participating in activities that lay dormant the rest of the year, barefoot and jacket free, no school for the kiddos, summer Fridays for the adults, long weekends, summer vacations – I could go on and on – but you get the idea. Instead, how about I showcase some of our most popular experiences that await you in our major destinations this summer? Sound good? Fabulous. Grab your sunglasses, kick off your shoes, prepare your frozen drink of choice, lay back in your hammock and check them out below.
Luxurious Summer Fun on the Water
One of the best ways to stay cool in the summer is to hang out near, in or on the water. And we have all sorts of great ideas on how to take in the sites while doing just that – the VIP way of course!
New York City
- In New York City you’ll get amazing views of the Lower Manhattan skyline from the water during the day or in the early evening courtesy of two experiences that take place on a private yacht – the Private Sightseeing NYC Harbor Cruise & Lunch and the Private NYC Sunset Cruise. Both come with an expert tour guide pointing out iconic landmarks and sharing stories about the city. On the harbor cruise with lunch, you’ll dine on a scrumptious spread of sandwiches, fruits, chips and cookies, while on the sunset cruise you’ll nibble on snacks and sip cocktails –– both while cruising down the Hudson River, through the New York Harbor, up the East River and back.
- Should you want a well-rounded perspective on the city opt for NYC by Air, Sea and Land. During this six-hour experience you’ll first explore the city via a private luxury vehicle complete with your professional tour guide who’ll point out the must-sees on your way to the pier. Upon arrival at the pier, you’ll board a private mini yacht where you’ll enjoy breakfast as your guide points out famous attractions such as the Statue of Liberty during a delightful two-hour cruise in the NY Harbor. After disembarking you’ll head to the heliport for a 30-minute helicopter tour of the island where you will get a bird’s eye view of Central Park, the Empire State Building and much, much more.
Boston and Cape Cod
- In Boston you can mix sightseeing with wellness – i.e., exercise – courtesy of the Boston Private Cycle Boat Charter where you can choose to cycle while perched upon a comfortable bicycle seat to help move the boat through the Boston Harbor. Don’t feel like getting a workout? No worries. You can also choose to just sit back and let the rest of your party – or the motor – do the work. Prefer a more elegant approach on a classic vessel? The Private Sunset Boston Harbor Cruise with Cocktails & Hors d’oeuvres is the perfect choice for you then, as it takes place on the elegant Schooner Adirondack III and offers a full open bar and tasty hors d’oeuvres to enjoy while gliding through the water.
- Whether you are staying in Boston or have accommodations on the Cape you have the once in a lifetime opportunity to spot the largest marine mammals living in coastal waters, up close and personal, thanks to the Private Cape Cod Whale Watch Tour. As a day trip from Beantown or a short ride from your Cape Cod homebase this is truly a bucket list experience. Once you board the intimate Bellamy, you’ll spend three hours on the 32-foot US Coast Guard inspected vessel, on the lookout for eye-level orcas, finbacks, humpbacks and possibly even a great white shark as your experienced captain points them out for you to photograph, video or simply marvel at.
- If you’re heading to our nation’s capital this summer and “feel the need for speed” we recommend the Private Sport Boat Adventure on the Potomac. This roomy sport boat is helmed by a private U.S Coast Guard licensed captain / tour guide and gives you the choice to leave out of any of the ten docks in the DC area. During this 90-minute excursion you’ll take in DC’s famous monuments and memorials, as well as other landmarks, from the vantage point of the waters of the Potomac River. It includes soft drinks and bottled water but you’re welcome to bring aboard food and drinks, including alcoholic beverages – plus there’s even an option to get it catered for an additional cost!
Peddle Through Cities & See the Sights
Another way to stay cool while sightseeing? Bask in the breeze as you peddle around these destinations to take in all they offer from the seat of a bike – or as you get peddled around by your guide in a cozy pedicab.
New York City
- In the Big Apple you have your choice of two exclusive bike tours. The first is the Private Bike Tour of Central Park which spends two hours concentrating on Central Park aka “Manhattan’s backyard.” From Bethesda Fountain to Strawberry Fields to Sheep Meadow to Belvedere Castle – your private guide will point out all these and more – including places where some of your favorite movie scenes were filmed. If you prefer a longer more inclusive ride then hop on the Private New York Highlights Bike Tour for a three-hour, nine-mile spin around city. Taking you from Harlem all the way down to South Street Seaport, you’ll also stop at several must-see places for photo opportunities along the way.
- Care to leave the pedaling to someone else and just sit back and relax while catching a breeze? The Deluxe Private DC Monuments & Memorials Limo Pedicab Tour is the way to go in DC! Your professional tour guide takes the handles and the pedals as you roll through some of the most popular areas, including the National Mall, the Tidal Basin and the Presidential Parade Route. During your three-hour tour – which can be customized just like all of our other tours – you’ll not only see all the well-known monuments and memorials but you will also be made privy to little known hidden gems that you won’t see or hear about on any other tour.
Taste Local Cuisine & Culture
All that biking and boating is sure to make you hungry so be sure to treat your taste buds to some delicious delicacies while in town. Plus – while you’re eating like a local, you’ll also get a lesson on local culture!
New York City
You can’t go to NYC and not get a slice of pizza (no matter what season it is) and gelato is the perfect summertime dessert. Put them both together and you get to taste two of the city’s fabulous fares in one tasty tour thanks to our innovative Private NYC Pizza and Gelato Challenge. What makes this food tour unique is that you get to play culinary critic as you sample pizza from four pizzerias and gelato from two gelateries, rating each bite as you go. Bonus? Your guide is a well-respected culinary historian, cookbook author and culinary educator with a specialty in fine chocolate and other artisanal foods who will school you in history of both of these NYC favorites.
Don’t associate DC as being a foodie destination? You should because the food scene is phenomenal. For that reason, it’s home to two of our most popular food tours. First is the U Street Food Tasting Private Walking Tour. Known as an area to get eclectic cuisine thanks to many locally owned restaurants, including the well-known Ben’s Chili Bowl, U Street is also a great place to check out DC’s street art. Next is the Georgetown Food Tasting Private Walking Tour. As home to people of all different ethnicities and religions, Georgetown is the place to go for incredible gastronomy experiences from handmade donuts to mouthwatering street food. Plus, while you’re noshing, you’ll also be introduced to the history of DC’s oldest neighborhood.
There’s no need to go all the way to Italy this summer if you are craving authentic Italian food – just head to Boston’s North End where you can experience our Private North End Italian Food Tasting Walking Tour. Taking place over three hours with about ¾ of a mile of ground covered, your expert licensed tour guide will introduce you to Boston’s best Italian foods while you explore out-of-the way establishments and off-the-beaten path areas. Included will be six tasting from various North End pizzerias, bakeries, pastry shops and/or salumerias aka Italian delis. And of course, along the way, you’ll learn cultural and historical facts about the neighborhood as you stroll the cobblestone streets of Old Boston.
Summer Trip to Secluded Destinations
Looking to see a bit more of the off the beaten path treasures on this year’s summer vacation? We can make that happen, and the recommendations below include three excellent choices two of which originate right out of Manhattan.
- Head about two hours north of New York City and you’ll arrive in the stunning and historic Hudson Valley – or save time and get there in just 20 minutes with our Hudson Valley VIP Vineyard Tour via Private Helicopter. Picture this. You’ll get picked up in a private luxury vehicle, whisked to the Manhattan heliport where you’ll board a private helicopter that touches down at the Tome Valley Vineyards where you’re greeted with the latest sparkling Rosé upon arrival. The rest of your adventure here consists of a tour of the vineyard, a fresh, locally sourced four-course lunch and of course – wine tasting! This three-to-four-hour excursion ends with a flight back home featuring a tour of the NYC skyline before landing.
- Long known as the playground of the rich and famous, The Hamptons is also just two-hours from NYC – this time to the east. To gain insight on why this destination is viewed as such a magical place opt for our VIP Hamptons Insider Tour, where you’ll also travel via private helicopter, with a luxury vehicle and professional tour guide waiting to show you around upon arrival. What can you expect? Celebrity homes – and perhaps a celebrity sighting? – secret spots popular with the locals, shopping, art galleries, beaches and more. Also, on the “menu” is a gourmet lunch at an upscale restaurant and a private wine tasting in Bridgehampton Wine Country, making this day trip sure to be the highlight of your summer vacation!
- Six towns, five lighthouses, numerous beaches and some of the cutest little cottages you ever did see are just a small portion of what awaits when you take a twenty-mile scenic drive via a private luxury vehicle on the Martha’s Vineyard Private Sightseeing Tour. At just three hours – but covering lots of ground – this is the perfect introduction to the island. During the tour your expert guide will share its history as you pass through the historic farming towns of Chilmark and West Tisbury with their scenic overlooks, the fishing village of Menemsha, the Gay Head Lighthouse situated on the cliffs of Aquinnah, Edgartown’s elegant turn of the century homes and Oak Bluffs with its rows of oh-so-colorful gingerbread cottages.
How’s that for endless summer fun? If you weren’t ready to plan your summer vacation prior to seeing all the amazing options you have in New York City and beyond, I guarantee you’re ready now! And our delightful and dedicated team of destination experts are ready to put together a VIP summer vacation like no other for you filled with luxury options. Give them a call today at (800) 999-8160 and let them craft and curate the coolest warm weather getaway you’ll ever experience.