Ready for a flavorful adventure? With your expert guide (a culinary historian!) you’ll dive into pizza at three local spots, rating each slice for looks, crust and more while uncovering the history of NYC pizza. Next, indulge in gelato at two gelaterias, learning the art of gelato-making and its differences from ice cream as you rate the presentation, flavor and taste – to name a few. What a yummy way to play food critic!
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
Note: This is a suggested itinerary – we can customize based on your preferences.
- Washington Square Park: Your tasty tour starts when you meet your expert guide at the park’s famed Arch.
- Italian History: Gather around Giuseppe Garibaldi’s statue, learning about Italian immigrants’ impact on NYC.
- Pizza Pizza: Explore South Village, West Village and Union Square, savoring slices from spots like Joe’s Pizza and Bleecker Street Pizza.
- Gelato Delights: Visit gelateries Venchi on Bleeker Street and Amorino between Union Square and Washington Square to sample and rate delightful gelato flavors.
- Cultural Discovery: While indulging in delicious food, uncover Lower Manhattan’s diverse neighborhoods, food scenes and hidden gems.
- The duration of the tour is four (4) hours.
- This tour is offered all year round, seven (7) days a week.
- You can customize the starting location of the tour to fit your schedule.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- Want to see something specific? We love to personalize our tours to suit your specific interests and passions!
*Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.