This journey through history takes you to three must-see locales while visiting Washington DC. You’ll start across the Potomac at Arlington National Cemetery where you’ll visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, JFK’s eternal flame and more. Next, you’ll stroll the charming cobblestone streets of Old Town Alexandria filled with quaint eateries and unique shops. Your last stop is Mount Vernon, where George Washington’s magnificent estate tells tales of the first president. Don’t miss this day of deep reflection and patriotism!
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
Note: This is a suggested itinerary – we can customize based on your preferences.
- Embark on Your Adventure: Start your day by meeting your expert guide, driver and luxury vehicle at your hotel.
- A Place of Honor: Your first stop is the hallowed grounds of Arlington National Cemetery where you can pay your respects at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, stand in awe at JFK’s grave and more.
- A Stroll Through Time: Next is Historic Alexandria where you’ll explore the waterfront’s stunning views, stroll King Street for some delightful shopping and visit captivating Gadsby’s Tavern Museum – just to name a few.
- Lunch at Alexandria’s Best: Savor a delightful meal at one of Alexandria’s finest restaurants where we’ve made a reservation for you – so all you need to do is enjoy.
- A Presidential Estate: After lunch, it’s off to Mount Vernon where you’ll explore the grand Mansion and its splendid Gardens, uncover fascinating stories at the Reynolds Museum & Education Center and step back in time at the Pioneer Farm & Distillery.
- Return to DC: You’ll head back to your hotel in your luxury vehicle as you reflect on the sensational memories of the day.
- The duration of the tour is approximately nine (9) hours.
- This tour is offered all year round, seven (7) days a week.
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon is open daily 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (open until 5:00 pm, April through October). The Mansion is closed for the winter period from January 22nd to February 4th.
- George Washington’s Distillery & Gristmill are only open Saturdays and Sundays, April through October.
- You can customize the starting location of the tour to fit your schedule.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- Want to see something specific? We love to personalize our tours to suit your specific interests and passions!
*Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
*Cost of lunch is not included.