The island of Martha’s Vineyard has great natural beauty and a rich history that is reflected in its six towns. On this private tour, you will explore Martha’s Vineyard like a local and discover its charm firsthand, visiting some of the villages and towns, each with their own charm and character. You’ll visit Vineyard Haven, a year-round seaport, with shops, restaurants, a beautiful harbor and one of the five Island Lighthouses. A 20-mile scenic ride up Island will take you through the historic farming towns of Chilmark and West Tisbury where you will see beautiful scenic overviews, the working fishing village of Menemsha, the cliffs of Aquinnah and the 1799 Gay Head Lighthouse. In Edgartown, you’ll view elegant homes of the whaling captains with turn of the century charm along with the Edgartown Lighthouse. In Oak Bluffs, you will drive by hundreds of colorful gingerbread cottages and can explore the many shops and art galleries.
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
Note: This is a suggested itinerary – we can customize based on your preferences.
- Visit the highlights of the Island including Vineyard Haven, Chilmark and West Tisbury, Edgartown and Oak Bluffs.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
- Four-hour private luxury vehicle with professional driver and bottled water
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Gratuity for the tour driver/guide is included.
- The duration of the tour is four hours.
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is offered all year round, seven days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- You can customize the starting location of the tour to fit your schedule. You can choose to start the tour at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or at a custom location of your liking.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.