No visit to Washington DC is complete without a stop at Mount Vernon. This immersive experience unveils the world of 18th-century plantation life, where lush gardens, captivating museum exhibits and the stately mansion transport you back in time. As you explore, you’ll encounter Washington’s final resting place, delve into the workings of the farm and uncover the rich of history that defines George Washington’s Mount Vernon.
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
Note: This is a suggested itinerary – we can customize based on your preferences.
- The Journey Begins: Your private luxury vehicle with a professional driver and an expert guide will pick you up in style at your hotel.
- DC Sights Bonus: As you head towards Mount Vernon you’ll be treated to glimpses of iconic DC monuments, memorials and institutions as well as Alexandria – a historic town along the scenic Potomac River.
- George Washington Unveiled: Your Mount Vernon tour takes you on a journey through our first president’s life, from stunning gardens to his tomb, farm and estate. Explore the Mansion and Museum (not private tours), delving into the history of the “father of our nation.”
- And So It Ends: When your time at Mount Vernon comes to an end you’ll be chauffeured back to your hotel in your luxury vehicle.
- The duration of the tour is five (5) hours.
- This tour is offered all year round, seven (7) days a week.
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon is open daily from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (open until 5:00 pm April through October). The Mansion is closed for the winter period from January 22nd to February
- George Washington’s Distillery & Gristmill is only open Saturdays and Sundays, April through October.
- You can customize the starting location of the tour to fit your schedule.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- Want to see something specific? We love to personalize our tours to suit your specific interests and passions!
*Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.