Duration: 4 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
The executive, legislature and judicial branches are all within the boundaries of Washington, DC. First, the White House for a tour of the exterior of the executive mansion. From your vantage point on Pennsylvania Ave, you will see the north side. Your guide will discuss the long history of the house and residence. (Interior tours of the White House can only be booked by Senators, Members of Congress, or embassy offices.)
Then on to the Capitol Building, home to the United States Congress, for the official tour including the short film, “Out of Many, One,” about representative democracy and its creation. In the Capitol, you will see the Crypt, the Rotunda (dome), and National Statuary Hall and hear some surprising secrets about the building. If access inside is not available for reasons out of our control, guests will learn about the building from the exterior. See the Supreme Court, America’s Temple of Justice. Enter the courtroom and hear about the judicial functions of the Supreme Court, the responsibilities of the judges, and their remarkable stories.
Your final stop is the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress. The building is a masterpiece of art and architecture but the jewel in its crown is the view from the overlook into the stunning main reading room. It is also home to a handwritten copy of the Bible from 1450 and rare books from Thomas Jefferson’s collection.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing.
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included).
- 24/7 support line
- 4-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide
- This tour will first take guests to see the White House at which they will tour the exterior and learn about the function of the mansion as a residence as well as the West Wing. From the vantage point on Pennsylvania Avenue, guests will get a great view of the north side. From here the tour will take guests down to the Capitol Building, where guests will learn about the function of the US Congress, see a short film, followed by the crypt, the Rotunda (Dome), and the National Statuary Hall. From there, guests will head over to the Supreme Court where the guide will talk about the judicial functions and responsibilities of the court. The final stop on the tour will be the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress where guests get to learn about the architecture and overlook the main reading room. (any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included). The order in which attractions are visited is subject to change and at the guide’s discretion.
- Along the way, you may also see: The Washington Monument, some of the Smithsonian Museums on the National Mall, the National Gallery of art, Constitutional Avenue.
- All stops, timing, and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule during the daytime.
- We recommend a start time of 8 am or 9 am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round but is not available on Sundays. There may also be some restriction on access for tour held on Saturdays
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
2. The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
- Pick-up or drop-off locations outside of the DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time & cost.
3. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
4. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Make it a full day 8-hours and explore the Monuments & Memorials of Washington DC.
Should guests wish to upgrade and extend their day of touring, they can proceed with lunch (not included in costing) before starting their tour of the Monuments & Memorials on the National Mall. This tour will explore the most powerful and historically significant Memorials that honor American Presidents are and those fighting for their country during war time.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- Treasure of America
- Essential Washington DC
- Arlington Cemetery Private Sightseeing
- Georgetown & Embassy Row Private Sightseeing
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- DC Monuments by Night
- Private United States Capitol Experience
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our full day DC highlights tour
- Ask about our 2 or 3-day Best of DC experiences
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.