Duration: 4 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Meet your guide at your hotel (or anywhere within the Metropolitan DC area) and make your way to the National Mall. For more than 200 years, the National Mall has symbolized our nation and its democratic values, which have inspired the world. The National Mall – the great swath of green in the middle of our capital city stretching from the foot of the United States Capitol to the Potomac River – is the premiere civic and symbolic space in our nation. National Mall and Memorial Parks protect the National Mall and its iconic monuments and memorials and over 1,000 acres of green space in Washington D.C.
The National Mall includes the Washington Monument, the Lockkeeper’s House, the Lincoln Memorial, the World War II Memorial, the Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial, the Korean War Veterans Memorial, the Thomas Jefferson Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial Reflecting Pool and the Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of Washington DC Metropolitan area.
- 24/7 Support Line
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8 am or 9 am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
- Tour Itinerary:
- 4-hour walking tour with a private guide.
- This tour will explore the attraction of the National Mall. Starting with the Washington Monument and the World War II Memorial, from there you will proceed past the Reflection Pool, the Vietnam Veterans Memorial and then over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial. At the Lincoln Memorial guests will likely spend some time taking pictures before heading towards the Korean War Memorial, the Martin Luther King Jr Memorial and finally down to Jefferson Memorial. The order in which Monuments & Memorials are visited may vary slightly and will depend on how long the guests choose to stay at each memorial. The final itinerary is at the guide’s discretion. (any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
- Along the way, you may also see: Some of the Smithsonian Museums, the carousel, The Lockkeeper’s House, The Tidal Basin, and the Roosevelt Memorial (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- The order in which the monuments and memorials are visited may vary and will be at the guide’s discretion.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Make it a full day 8- hour day, add a car and guide for the additional 4-hours and learn about DC’s Powerhouses with the Circle of Power Tour
- This makes for a perfect full day in Washington DC combining walking and touring by vehicle. The Circle of Power Tour explores the functions and history of the White House, the Capitol Building and the Supreme Court. This combination of these tours allows the guests to experience and learn what Washington DC really is about. The Circle of Power Tour is not available on Sundays and may have some restrictions on Saturdays.
- If you like this tour, you may also like:
Washington DC’s Circle of Power
Treasure of America
Across the River -Arlington Cemetery Private Sightseeing Program
George Washington’s Mount Vernon
Georgetown and Embassy Row Private Sightseeing Program
Private United States Capitol Experience
- Looking for a Full-Day experience?
Ask about our full day DC Highlights Tour
Ask about our Best of DC 2 or 3-day experiences
- Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this Experience and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we have never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Book This Tour Online (Without Transportation)
Or contact us to book this tour with transportation and other add-on services.