Duration: 3 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: TBA upon confirmation – usually tour
starts at the first tasting spot on U Street
Activity Level: Easy-Moderate
This private walking tour allows guests to explore and experience the culinary delights of the famous U Street neighborhood. Here guests will enjoy delicious tastings from locally-owned restaurants and eateries. Guests will also learn about the history of the neighborhood and what makes it so interesting. Stops on the tour may vary slightly but guests are sure to sample some of the more classic flavors unique to the district and discover some new tastes and influences that help to shape the culinary evolution. During the tour guest also get to see and hear the stories behind the local murals, buildings and sculptures defining the city’s distinct heritage. This tour covers an approx. 2 miles of walking.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Selected tasting of foods and drinks included.
- 24/7 support line
- 3 hours with a private food tour with guide
- The tour will start at the first tasting stop in the U street neighborhood. The tour stops are subject to availability and will be advised upon confirmation. The tour will explore the U street corridor and its’ local eateries. Guests will also learn about the history from the rioting days until now (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- All stops for tasting are at the guide’s discretion.
- Along the way, guests may also connect some with DC’s Jazz community as they stroll down the street, they may also hear some Go-Go Music.
- A portion of the cost for this tour will be donated to “Bread for the City” which is a charity that provides services to DC locals including the provision of foods, clothing, legal and medicinal services.
- All stops, timing, and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. The starting time and date of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time at around noon.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7 days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
2. The starting location is typically at the first tasting spot on the tour. Exact location (address) is to be
advised upon confirmation.
3. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
4. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Depending on where in the city you are staying or where you may be prior to the tour,
add transfer to and from U street district.
Alexandria, Virginia, is located on the Potomac River, south of Washington, DC. It’s known for its Old Town, with brick sidewalks and well-preserved 18th- and 19th-century buildings. King Street is lined with boutiques and specialty shops. This is a perfect addition to guests already visiting Arlington.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- Treasure of America
- Discover DC Monuments and Memorials on the National Mall
- Monuments by Night
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- Georgetown Food Tour by Foot
- African American Heritage Tour
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our full day DC highlights tour
- Ask about our 2 or 3-day Best of DC experiences
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.