Duration: 3 hours
Since their creation, cupcakes have become a pop culture trend in the culinary world. In the early 21st century, a trend for cupcake shops, known as cupcakeries, which are specialized bakeries that sell little or nothing except cupcakes, developed in the United States, playing off the sense of nostalgia evoked by the cakes. There are dozens of upscale bakeries in New York City. Shops like Magnolia Bakery gained publicity in their appearance on popular television shows like Sex and the City.
On the tour, you will taste and rate your way through some of the city’s best cupcakes, ranking them on presentation, frosting quality/style, and moistness/crumb density. Learn about trends in the cupcake world, visit a commercial kitchen, and learn about the cupcake’s unlikely origins.
Your guide is a well-respected culinary historian, cookbook author and culinary educator with a specialty in fine chocolate and other artisanal foods. Her accolades include a certificate of outstanding achievement from The James Beard Foundation and a book award from The International Association of Culinary Professionals. From Jacques Pepin to Julia Child, Mario Batali, Thomas Keller, Jacques Torres, Anthony Bourdain and Padma Lakshmi, she has worked with the most distinguished culinary talent.
- 100% private tour program.
- Experience neighborhoods with your savvy local guide.
- Program is customized to your interests.
- Flexible timing to meet your schedule.
- Guide can meet you at your hotel or at start of the tour.
- See the top sights & spots off the beaten path.
- Local tips and inside information to get the most of your visit to NYC.
- Be more like a local with your new knowledge.
- Bottled water.
- 24/7 Support Line.
Please contact us for pricing information.