Duration: 90 minutes
Start Time: Flexible – Daytime
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy-Moderate
Get on the Potomac River with your own captain and sport boat. Don’t waste time in one of the crowded tour boats coming and going on their schedule. You want the freedom to do what you want when you want it. Our sport boats comfortably hold six guests. Your captain serves as your guide telling stories, explaining the history of the waterway and the sites along the way. If you’d like, we can provide box lunches, snacks, or alcoholic beverages for an additional cost.
Cruises are best when they depart from Georgetown or the Wharf and travel one way on the Potomac ending at the other point.
- 90-minutes private sports boat for a tour on the Potomac
- Private U.S Coast Licensed Captain
- Soft drinks, bottled water, ice
- Boat Captain’s gratuity is included.
- Transportation back to the hotel after the tour is not included.
- 24/7 support line
- 90-minute private sport boat tour on the Potomac
- Guests board the private boat for a 90-minute tour. Guests can choose to depart from either the Wharf or Georgetown. If departing from the Wharf guests will travel down Washington Channel and up the Potomac to Georgetown or the reversed way if they choose to leave from Georgetown. The tour will allow guests to see some of the most famous Monuments & Memorials from different vantage points. (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations)
- Along the way you may see: the Watergate Complex, Tidal Basin, Kennedy Center, Pentagon, Washington Monument, Columbia Island, Memorial Bridge, Lincoln Memorial & Jefferson Memorial. Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations.
- All stops, timing, and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule. Rate is applicable to daytime cruises, sunset cruises are at additional cost.
- This tour is a seasonal operation from March to November, 7 days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
2. The starting location of the tour is either in Georgetown or the Watergate Complex.
3. For larger parties contact us for a custom quote (will include a different boat or multiple boats).
4. Sunset, fireworks, or Cherry Blossom season bookings are also available (rates may increase).
5. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
6. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Add transfer back to the hotel after the tour.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- DC Monuments by Bike at Night
- Treasure of America
- Across the River -Arlington Cemetery Private Sightseeing Program
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- Georgetown and Embassy Row Private Sightseeing Program
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our full day DC highlights tour
- Ask about our 2 or 3-day Best of DC experiences
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.