Duration: 4 Hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Where else can you see a castle, a sled dog, Alice in Wonderland, a pair of hawks, and a 4,000-year-old obelisk from Egypt in one place? You guessed it: Central Park is more than just a green space in the middle of Manhattan Island; it is an 843-acre oasis 150 years in the making and a favorite retreat for New Yorkers of all walks of life. An essential part of the urban landscape, Central Park is something that no New Yorker could live without. It fits into the Manhattan environment so naturally that many people never realize it is entirely man-made. Follow your guide on the winding paths and over the bridges and through the tunnels, and learn how the architects Olmsted and Vaux created New York’s “backyard.”
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Flexible Timing to fit your schedule.
- This walking tour can accommodate up to 15 guests.
- 24/7 Support Line
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- The recommended start time for this tour is between 7 am and 3 pm. In the spring and summer months, later start times can be accommodated.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- The ideal seasons for this tour are the spring and fall due to comfortable temperatures for walking and being outdoors and foliage/horticulture in the park.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant, or custom location of your liking within Upper Midtown Manhattan.
- Wear comfortable walking shoes for this experience.
- Tour Itinerary:
- 4-hours with a private tour guide
- Meet your guide at your hotel or a custom location near Central Park. Experience Central by foot with your savvy local guide explaining the sites and telling stories to make the park come to life, and providing local insider tips.
- Along the way, you may also see: The Upper West Side, the Upper East Side, The Metropolitan Museum of Art, the Museum of Natural History, Columbus Circle (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on weather and walking conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time and/or attraction entrances to your experience.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Add more time with your private guide!
Add two additional hours to include one of the following during your tour:
– Upper East Side
– Upper West Side
- If you like this tour, you may also like:
Harlem Yesterday and Today
Midtown Highlights Walking Tour
Eating Your Way Through Manhattan
Private Tour at the Guggenheim
Scavenger Hunt at the American Museum of Natural History
- Looking for a Full-Day experience?
Ask about our Full-Day Manhattan Tour
Ask about our 2 or 3-day NYC First-Timers Packages
- Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this Experience and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we have never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Book This Tour Online (Without Transportation)
Or contact us to book this tour with transportation and other add-on services.