Duration: 3 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: TBA upon confirmation, usually tour starts at the first tasting spot in Georgetown.
Activity Level: Easy-Moderate
Eat our way through the stunning Georgetown and discover its’ transition from once a part city to the elite enclave as it’s known today. Georgetown is a place where people from every continent and with various religious beliefs lived together and formed an eclectic culinary community. This walking tour will allow guests will learn about Georgetown’s delicious and culturally diverse history and the blended exciting cuisine that has come from that. The tour also explores the complexity of this changing neighborhood turned into what it is today. Tour included all foods and drinks. Food stops may vary but likely include Georgetown handmade donuts by the canal and socially conscious street food. This tour covers an approx. 1.5-mile walk.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Selected tasting of foods and drinks included
- 24/7 support line
- 3 hours with a private food tour with a guide
- The tour will start at the first tasting stop in Georgetown. The tour stops are subject to availability and will be advised upon confirmation. The tour likely explores the area and the various restaurants along the canal as well as explores a bunch of cultural and historic landmarks along the way (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- All stops for tasting are at the guide’s discretion.
- A portion of the cost for this tour will be donated to “Bread for the City” which is a charity that provides services to DC locals including provision of foods, clothing, legal and medicinal services
- All stops, timing, and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time at around noon.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
2. The starting location is typically at the first tasting spot on the tour. The exact location (address) is to be advised upon confirmation.
3. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
4. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Depending on where in the city you are staying or where you may be prior to the tour, add a transfer to and from Georgetown. Pick-up and drop-off outside on DC Metropolitan area may incur additional costs.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- Treasure of America
- Discover DC Monuments and Memorials on the National Mall
- Monuments by Night
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- U Street Food Tour
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our full day DC highlights tour
- Ask about our 2 or 3-day Best of DC experiences
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.