Duration: 3 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Georgetown is the oldest section of Washington, DC. Originally an independent city founded in 1751, it has since been incorporated into Washington. Renowned for its Federal-style architecture, Georgetown is a thriving shopping, residential and entertainment area. Driving through Georgetown, you will see glimpses of such famous homes as Tudor Place, Dumbarton House, the Old Stone House, Dumbarton Oaks Research Library and its gardens. You also will visit the homes that John and Jackie Kennedy resided in before his Presidency. You will also take a stroll along some of the quaint streets of Georgetown with your local guide, and maybe even attempt the “Exorcist Steps”.
After visiting Georgetown, your guide will take you down Washington’s Embassy Row (Massachusetts Avenue, NW) and point out notable Embassies.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing.
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included).
- 24/7 support line
- 3 hours with a private vehicle and tour guide
- Along with a private guide, guests will explore Georgetown and its’s hidden gems. The tour will take guests past Dumbarton House which is the national headquarters of the National Society of the Colonial Dames of America. It promotes the historic preservation of the early history of this nation so that the life and ideals of early Americans can inspire current and future generations. Guests will also get to see the gardens at Dumbarton Oaks which has been described as the “Secret Garden” there are manicured greenery, winding little paths and classical fountains. Guests will also get a glimpse of the historic Tudor Place which is a historic landmark and has been a fixture in DC since 1816 it served as a home to descendants of Martha Washington for six generations and holds a collection of fascination Washington related artifacts along with an impressive garden. The next stop will be by the Old Stone House in Georgetown which is the oldest unchanged building in Washington DC dating back to 1765. From there on guests will travel down Massachusetts Avenue also referred to as Embassy Row taking in the sights of these impressive buildings (any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
- Along the way, you may also see: The Georgetown Waterfront, the historic Chesapeake & Ohio Canal, famous sites for the Presidential couple John and Jacqueline Kennedy, the church at which they worshipped, or Martins’ Tavern where JFK proposed (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- The order in which the monuments and memorials are visited may vary and it at the guide’s discretion.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
2. The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
- Pick-up or drop-off locations outside of the D.C. Metropolitan area may accrue additional time & cost.
3. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
4. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Add an additional hour for more extended time in Georgetown.
Georgetown has so much charm and worth not missing. With additional hour(s) guests will be able to spend some time by the stunning waterfront, or visit some of the very chic boutiques in the neighborhood, or perhaps visit Book Hill Park with small independent boutiques and galleries and a stunning panoramic view of Georgetown, Potomac River and Virginia.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- Washington DC’s Circle of Power
- Treasure of America
- Across the River -Arlington Cemetery Private Sightseeing Program
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- Private United States Capitol Experience
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our full day DC highlights tour
- Ask about our 2 or 3-day Best of DC experiences
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.