Duration: 4 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
DC’s iconic monuments become even more inspiring when the white marble is illuminated in contrast to the night sky. With fewer tourists and little traffic, you can revel in the monuments’ peaceful and calming essence. This private 2 ½ – 3-hour bike ride can be customized to see your favorite monuments.
Your private bike guide will meet you at your hotel, review a recommended route with the best night sights and customize your bicycle ride to see additional sights you want to visit. Favorites sights to see at night include the White House, Washington Monument, Jefferson Memorial, Lincoln Memorial, DC WWI Memorial, and the WWII Memorial. Based on your interests, your guide can also take you to the FDR Presidential Memorial, Vietnam Veterans Memorial, Korean Veterans Memorial, Smithsonian Castle, Capitol Building, Library of Congress, or Supreme Court. Your guide will provide you with brand new premium water bottles, snacks, and lights and is able to carry some (if not all) of your gear.
- Three-hours with an expert bike guide starting at your hotel (Washington DC area only)
- Bikes, gear, snacks, and a souvenir water bottle for each guest.
- Guide’s gratuity not included.
- 24/7 support line
- 4 hours with a private bike tour with rental bike and guide
- The tour will take guests past the White House, and the Washington Monument to the World War II Memorial, pass the Reflection Pool over the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial. From there, guests will head over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial then on to the Korean War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Roosevelt Memorial, and finally the stunning Jefferson Memorial. The guide will teach guests about the Monuments and Memorials and their significance. The order in which attractions are visited may vary. The number of attractions seen may also differ depending on how long guests stay at each site as well as where they starting out from. The final itinerary is at the guide’s discretion. (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations)
- Along the way, you may also see National Mall with the Smithsonian Museums, The Capitol Building, Tidal Basin, Cherry Trees (depending on the season). Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations.
- All stops, timing, and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. Sunset, fireworks, or Cherry Blossom season bookings are also available (rates may increase).
2. Important Information for guests traveling with children: Adults and teens can enjoy riding appropriately-sized bicycles while smaller children can either ride kids bikes or be chauffeured safely by the DC Cycling Concierge in his custom family bike (ages 4 months to 9-year-olds) and/or tag-along (ages 3 to 10-year-olds). The family bike and tag along, gives parents of little ones some major peace-of-mind about safety and predictability. And if their kids get tired, they can coast on the tag-along or even sleep on the family bike.
3. The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time by or just before dusk
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week. The most recommended season is the summer to avoid the hot sun during daytime hours. Spring and fall are also ideal seasons for this experience.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
4. The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
5. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
6. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Extend by one hour for an opportunity to see more of DC at night.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- DC Monuments by Bike DC by Land & Sea: Private Bicycle & Sports Boat Adventure
- Treasure of America
- Across the River -Arlington Cemetery Private Sightseeing Program
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- Georgetown and Embassy Row Private Sightseeing Program
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our full day DC Highlights Tour
- Ask about our Best of DC 2 or 3-day packages
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.