Duration: 7-8 hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy-Moderate
An active adventure to see the best of DC both by land and from the water. This intimate experience with the best private guides in DC gives you a chance to get up close to the sights of Washington DC and then relax from your private boat to soak up the sun and views from the water. The DC Cycling Concierge will meet you in your hotel lobby and guide you on a 4-hour bicycle ride around Washington DC and bring you to lunch near the water (cost of lunch is not included). After your meal, you will board a private sport boat that will take you out on the tidal Potomac River to view the beautiful shoreline, key memorials, and other sights.
- Four hours with a private expert bike guide.
- Bike gear, snacks, and souvenir water bottle, starting at your hotel (in the Washington DC area).
- Deluxe private Sport boat experience for 90-minutes with licensed U.S. Coast Guard Captain, soft drinks, bottled water, and ice.
- Boat Captain’s gratuity is included.
- Bike tour guide’s gratuity is not included.
- Door to door service and flexible timing – the guide will meet the guests at the hotel.
- 24/7 support line
- 4 hours with a private bike tour with rental bike and guide
- The tour will take guests past the White House, and the Washington Monument to the World War II Memorial, pass the Reflection Pool over the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial. From there, guests will head over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial then on to the Korean War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Roosevelt Memorial, and finally the stunning Jefferson Memorial. The guide will teach guests about the Monuments and Memorials and their significance. The tour will then head for Georgetown or the Wharf where guests will get a break for lunch – lunch is not included in the package. After lunch, guests will board the private boat for a 90-minute tour and some time to relax on the deck. If guests choose to depart from the Wharf guests will travel down Washington Channel and up the Potomac to Georgetown or the reversed way if they choose to leave from Georgetown. From the boat, guests will get a different vantage point of the monuments they saw during the bike tour (indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations)
- Along the way, you may also see National Mall with the Smithsonian Museums, The Capitol Building, Tidal Basin, Cherry Trees (depending on the season), Monuments and Memorials such as Jefferson & Lincon Memorial and Washington Monument from a picturesque vantage point in the river. Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations.
- All stops, timing, and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
1. Important Information for guests traveling with children: Adults and teens can enjoy riding appropriately-sized bicycles while smaller children can either ride kids bikes or be chauffeured safely by the DC Cycling Concierge in his custom family bike (ages 4 months to 9-year-olds) and/or tag-along (ages 3 to 10-year-olds). The family bike and tag along, gives parents of little ones some major ease-of-mind about safety and predictability. And if their kids get tired, they can coast on the tag-along or even sleep on the family bike.
2. This experience cannot exceed 6 guests due to the capacity of the boat. If you have larger parties contact us for a custom quote with multiple bike tour guides and speed boats.
3. Sunset, fireworks, or Cherry Blossom season bookings are also available (rates may increase).
4. The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8 am as it’s a full-day tour
- This tour is seasonal operation March – November 7-days a week
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
5. The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, or other requested place. Transportation back to the hotel after the tour is not included.
6. Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
7. We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Add a private transfer back to the hotel after the tour.
If you like this tour, you may also like:
- DC Monuments by Bike at Night
- Treasure of America
- Across the River -Arlington Cemetery Private Sightseeing Program
- George Washington’s Mount Vernon
- Georgetown and Embassy Row Private Sightseeing Program
Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
- Ask about our 2 or 3-day Best of DC experiences
Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this tour and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we’ve never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.