Duration: 4 Hours
Start Time: Between 4:00 pm and 8:00 pm
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
It’s not a wealthy or ostentatious neighborhood, but Dyker Heights, adjacent to Bensonhurst and for decades a bastion of Italian Americans, takes Christmas seriously and invites everyone to come and join in on the fun. The local residents outdo one another in mounting over-the-top Christmas light decorations. Tens of thousands of tourists come to see this neighborhood outpouring of creativity and fun, as light displays spill over their homes, roofs, and gardens. Kids will be awed by the sheer amount of holiday decorations: brightly lit Rudolphs on the roof, Santas on the lawn, and entire homes ablaze with lights. Dyker Heights has been made famous in the PBS documentary Dyker Lights and seen on TLC’s Crazy Christmas Lights.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of Manhattan).
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included).
- 24/7 Support Line
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time between 4 pm and 8 pm to see the lights in the dark.
- This tour is offered seasonally from after Thanksgiving through New Year’s Eve, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished dinner or a custom location of your liking.
- Pick-up or drop-off locations outside of Manhattan may accrue additional time & cost.
- Tour Itinerary:
- 4-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide starting in Manhattan at a location of your choice.
- Drive to Dyker Heights, Brooklyn (drive can be anywhere from 30 mins to 1-hour+ depending on traffic)
- See the incredible local residents’ Christmas lights with your local guide. Get ready for some great photo ops and to be ‘wowed’ by the lights. Highlights:
- Animatronic toys and motorized displays
- Glowing nativity scenes
- 30-foot tall toy soldiers
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- See upgrade options below to add time or attraction entrances to your experience.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Make it 6 hours!
Add two hours to include one of the following neighborhoods on your tour:
- DUMBO Brooklyn Tour including a stop for hot chocolate
- Williamsburg Tour including a stop for hot chocolate
- Brooklyn Bridge Promenade and Brooklyn Bridge including a stop for hot chocolate.
- If you like this tour, you may also like:
- Manhattan Holiday Lights Tour
- Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Sightseeing Program
- Brooklyn Sightseeing Program
- Broadway Show Private Backstage Experience
- Looking for a Full-Day or Multi-Day Experience?
Ask about our full-day (8-hours) Discover Manhattan Tour
Ask about our 2 or 3-day NYC First-Timers Packages
- Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this Experience and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we have never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.