Duration: 4 Hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Maybe the battles of the Revolutionary War did not take place in Philadelphia, but before the first shot was even fired in Lexington, the seeds of the American Revolution were taking root in Philadelphia as the colonists declared their independence and began preparing for war. Within the borders of the city are still standing historic buildings that form the history of how this nation began, including where Thomas Jefferson penned the Declaration of Independence and the first meeting house of the first meeting of the Continental Congress in 1774.
- 4-Hour private walking tour.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing.
- This walking tour can accommodate up to 12 guests.
- Guide’s gratuity is not included.
- 24/7 Support Line
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking.
- Tour Itinerary:
- 4-Hour walking tour with a private licensed tour guide.
- Some of the highlights of this tour will include the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Carpenters Hall, the Second Bank of the US, Congress Hall, Old City Hall, Original City Hall which became the Supreme Court, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier of the Revolutionary War, Library Hall, and more!
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Don’t feel like walking? Add transportation to your tour.
- If you like this tour, you may also like:
Private Architecture Walking Tour of Philadelphia
Magic Gardens and Murals of Philadelphia Private Walking Tour
Discover the Scenes of the Revolutionary War-Private Walking Tour
- Looking for a Full-Day experience?
Ask about our Day in Valley Forge
- Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this Experience and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we have never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Book This Tour Online (Without Transportation)
Or contact us to book this tour with transportation and other add-on services.