Duration: 8 Hours (including time for lunch)
Start Time: 9:30 am
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Celebrate the Holiday Season in all its splendor on a private tour of Longwood Gardens (1-hour drive from center city Philadelphia), one of the great gardens of the world, and the elegant Nemours Estate. From towering trees that touch the sky to acres of twinkling lights, A Longwood Christmas makes your holiday season oh so merry and bright. Thousands of poinsettias, magnificently decorated trees, and fragrant flowers transform the Longwood Gardens Conservatory into a holiday wonderland, an experience not to miss! Outdoors, you will take an enchanting journey as 500,000 lights sparkle in the trees and colorful fountains dance to holiday music. After enjoying lunch in one of the Gardens restaurants (not included), your driver and tour guide will take you to the Nemours Estate, an exquisite 77-room Mansion that Alfred I. du Pont built for his second wife, Alicia, in 1910. Known as the “Versailles in the Brandywine Valley,” it boasts the largest formal French Gardens in North America, a Chauffeur’s Garage housing a collection of vintage automobiles and 200 acres of scenic woodlands, meadows and lawns.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers.
- Experience the city and countryside and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of center city Philadelphia).
- Private Guided Tour at Longwood Gardens with free time to browse, shop and eat lunch (lunch not included).
- Guided Tour at Nemours Estate with free time to browse.
- Driver gratuity included (guide’s gratuity is not included).
- 24/7 Support Line
Longwood Gardens Christmas Lights
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule, however, we suggest a start time of 9:30 am to experience the most of A Longwood Christmas and Nemours Estate.
- This tour is available from November 19 through December 30, except for Mondays, Thanksgiving Day, December 14, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking.
- Pick-up or drop-off outside of Center City Philadelphia may incur additional costs.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
English Gates, Drawing Room & Writing Room at Nemours Estate
- 8 Hours with a private vehicle and licensed tour guide.
- Upon departure from Center City Philadelphia, you will enjoy a short ride to Longwood Gardens where you will experience A Longwood Christmas private guided tour. This year, you will see the beautiful contrast of fire and ice. Inside, your spirits will ablaze with towering trees adorned in amber to fiery red tones, flickering flame lanterns and more while outside you can cozy up to inviting fire pits, and cool off with a stroll through half a million lights that will dazzle and delight! Before leaving Longwood Gardens, you will have time to browse, shop and enjoy lunch (lunch not included in the package).
- Just a short ride from Longwood Gardens is the elegant Nemours Estate. In addition to your guided tour, you will marvel at the decorated areas of the first floor of the Mansion, the Chauffeur’s Garage, and select outdoor areas that will be decorated in a style that highlights stories from the Estate’s past, including the Mansion’s first Christmas tree in 1910.
- The approximate return time to Center City Philadelphia is 5:30 pm, however, there could be delays based on traffic, etc.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
Christmas Lights at Longwood Gardens
- If you like this tour, you may also like:
Private Architecture Walking Tour of Philadelphia
Magic Gardens and Murals of Philadelphia Private Walking Tour
Philadelphia Sights and Sounds of Christmas
- Looking for a Full-Day experience?
Ask about our Day in Valley Forge
- Make it Custom!
Have any special interests? We can curate this Experience and pair you with a specialized tour guide to fit your needs. Topics range from horticulture, art, culinary, pop culture, architecture, history, or something we have never heard of! An additional research fee and specialized guide fee may apply.
Please contact us for pricing information.