Duration: 7 Hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Valley Forge, the famous site of the Continental Army’s 1777-1778 winter encampment, was host to one of the most significant episodes of the American Revolution. Here George Washington, one of America’s respected leaders, transformed our first army into a military force capable of winning independence from Great Britain. Today, Valley Forge National Historical Park commemorates the site of this monumental event and its story of remarkable perseverance and struggle.
After a short orientation film, meet your private guide and start your exploration of the Valley Forge Encampment. On the tour, you will visit:
– The recreated soldier huts of the Muhlenberg Brigade site
– The original house that was General Washington’s Headquarters
– The training grounds referred to as the ‘Birthplace of the American Army”
– The Washington Memorial Chapel
Before you return to Philadelphia, enjoy a great lunch at the historic Black Powder Tavern.
- English speaking step-on tour guide at Valley Forge (3-hour tour)
- Vehicle, Driver & Gratuity (7-hours)
- Guide’s gratuity is not included.
- Lunch is not included.
- 24/7 Support Line
Please contact us for pricing information.