What’s Up in the Air? NYC Helicopter Tour & Skyscraper Experience
Want to check out New York City from an entirely different perspective? Join us for our What’s Up in the Air? NYC Helicopter Tour & Skyscraper Experience! Featuring a private NYC Helicopter Tour, NYC Architecture Tour and more, this is a full day of sky-high adventures.
Your first stop is at one of the Big Apple’s jaw-dropping observation desks. You get to choose from a VIP private guided tour of Top of the Rock at Rockefeller Center or an Express Pass to the Empire State Building. No matter which you select you won’t be disappointed!
After you take in the magnificent views from high above Manhattan, you’ll meet up with your expert BTSQ licensed tour guide who’ll take you on a skyscraper tour featuring some of the tallest buildings in the city.
Before embarking on the last part of this unique journey you’ll have time to grab some lunch. Beyond Times Square will secure a reservation at your choice of restaurant and will happily offer suggestions based on your personal tastes. (Cost of lunch is not included.)
After lunch, it’s time for the grand finale – a private helicopter tour over the Manhattan skyline where you’ll get an overhead view of everything you looked out from – and up at – throughout the day!
Offered Year Round
Monday Through Saturday
Duration: Approximately 8-Hours
Start Time: Between 8am & 9am
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
What’s Up in the Air?
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
- Your adventure begins when you’re picked up in your private luxury vehicle at your hotel to head to either the Top of the Rock for your 45-minute guided tour or to the Empire State Building for your Express Pass. (NOTE: There is no tour included with the ESB Express Pass.) No matter which you choose you’ll enjoy panoramic views with plenty of photo opportunities.
- After your observation deck excursion your expert tour guide will meet you for the next leg of your day – a private architecture tour focused on skyscrapers. On this tour, you’ll see all types of structures – many of which once held the title of the world’s tallest building, and may include some of the following:
- One World Trade Center: Fun fact – Its height is 1,776 feet which is symbolic of the year the US Declaration of Independence was signed.
- Central Park Tower: This is the tallest residential tower on the planet at 1,550 feet!
- 111 West 57th Street on Billionaires Row: Soaring to a height of 1,428 feet it’s the skinniest building in the world.
- One Vanderbilt: At 1,401 feet it has the distinction of being the first super skyscraper in Midtown-East Manhattan.
- 432 Park Avenue: This 1,397-foot residential tower is the tallest in the Western Hemisphere.
- 30 Hudson Yards: This building is LEED Gold certified meaning the 1,270-foot structure is cost-effective, efficient and better for occupants and the environment.
- Empire State Building: When it was built it was the first building in the world to have more than 100 floors and comes in at 1,250 feet
- Bank of America Tower: At 1,200 feet, this one is unique as it was built to use 45% less water than buildings similar in size.
- 3 World Trade Center: Defined by its stainless steel-clad exterior frame it stands at 1.079 feet tall.
- Brooklyn Tower: This 1,073-foot-tall tower is the tallest in the borough.
- 53 West 53rd Street: A 1,050-foot architectural wonder designed by Jean Nouvel.
- Chrysler Building: Briefly holding the crown as the tallest building in the world and known for its terraced crown – its height is 1,046 feet.
- NY Times Building: At 1,046 feet it’s tied with the Chrysler Building as the 12th tallest building in the city.
- After your sensational skyscraper tour, it’s time for lunch at a pre-determined venue – perhaps even a rooftop restaurant to keep with the theme.
- After lunch it’s time for the grand finale – a 30-minute deluxe private helicopter tour over Manhattan! Your guide will take you to the Heliport at 6 East River Piers (on South Street between the Seaport District and the Staten Island Ferry Terminal downtown) 30 minutes prior to your flight time, where he’ll get you checked in before saying goodbye.
- Your private helicopter tour will have you soaring above New York City’s iconic landmarks such as the Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, the Brooklyn Bridge, New York Harbor and many, many more.
- Upon completion of your helicopter tour your private driver will pick you up in your luxury vehicle and drop you off at your requested end destination.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions. In case of inclement weather determined by the pilot, guests will get the opportunity to re-schedule their flight.
- Luxury transfer in a private vehicle with a professional driver and bottled water
- Private expert tour guide for 6 hours
- Admission to either Top of the Rock for a VIP guided experience OR an Express Ticket to the 86th floor of the Empire State Building
- Tour of some of the world’s tallest skyscrapers
- Private helicopter tour
- Driver gratuity included
- 24-Hour support phone number
*Cost of lunch is not included
*ESB VIP Express Pass does not include a tour
*Gratuities for the tour guide and the pilot are not included
Starting from: $1619 (based on 6 guests in a Sprinter)