Washington DC's Circle of Power
The executive, legislature and judicial branches are all within the boundaries of Washington, DC. From your vantage point on Pennsylvania Ave, you will see the exterior of the north side of the White House where your guide will discuss the long history of the Executive Mansion. You will visit the Capitol Building, home to the United States Congress, for an official tour that will include a short film, “Out of Many, One,” about representative democracy and its creation. You will see the Crypt, the Rotunda (dome interior), and National Statuary Hall and hear some surprising secrets about the building. You will also see the Jefferson Building of the Library of Congress. This building is a masterpiece of art and architecture but the jewel in its crown is the view from the overlook into the stunning main reading room. It is also home to a handwritten copy of the Bible from 1450 and rare books from Thomas Jefferson’s collection. Your final stop is the Supreme Court, America’s Temple of Justice, where you will learn about the judicial functions of the Supreme Court, the responsibilities of the judges, and their remarkable stories. (Note: Interior tours of the White House and US Capitol can only be reserved through guests’ Senators, Members of Congress, or Embassy offices. If access inside is not available for reasons out of our control, guests will learn about the buildings from the exterior).
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of the DC Metropolitan area)
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule during government daytime hours.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, except for Sundays and major holidays. Please also note that the Library of Congress is closed on Mondays. There may also be some restrictions on access for tours held on Saturdays.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time & cost.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.