Washington DC by Land & Sea Private Experience
Washington DC is a fabulous city to visit and there are many different ways to take in all of its monuments and memorials. On our Washington DC by Land & Sea Private Experience, you get to try out two of them – biking and boating! Our expert DC tour guides host your intimate experiences and give you a chance to get up close and personal to the sights of Washington DC, first via pedal power, then followed up with a spin on a private boat.
The fun starts when your private bicycle tour guide meets you in your hotel lobby and guides you on a fabulous four-hour bike ride where you’ll take in all the monuments, memorials and other points of interest around the city. Your bike tour will end near the water where you may opt to get a bite to eat (cost of lunch not included) before you meet up with your private U.S. Coast Guide licensed captain/tour guide.
Once aboard your private sport boat, you’ll have the chance to wind down from your biking excursion, relax and simply soak up the sun. You’ll also be soaking in the views from the magnificent vantage point of the waters surrounding DC, including the Washington Channel and the Potomac River.
The Washington DC by Land & Sea Private Experience is both a fun – and active! – way to tour our nation’s capital via land and sea!
April to November Only
Duration: 7 to 8-Hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
Washington DC by Land & Sea Private Experience
Itinerary & Highlights
- Enjoy a seven (7) to eight (8) hour tour, first with a private bicycle tour guide and then with a U.S. Coast Guide licensed captain/tour guide.
- Your first four hours will start when your expert bicycle tour guide arrives at your hotel with your rental bike to take you on a fascinating tour that will go past the White House and the Washington Monument, then on to the World War II Memorial and past the Reflecting Pool over to the Vietnam Veteran’s Memorial.
- From there you’ll pedal over to the impressive Lincoln Memorial then on to the Korean War Memorial, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, Roosevelt Memorial and finally the stunning Jefferson Memorial.
- After your biking adventure comes to an end (in either Georgetown or The Wharf – depending on where you choose to start your sport boat adventure) you will have time for lunch, after which you will board your private speed boat.
- Your 90-minute tour on the Potomac gives you the opportunity to see some of the most famous monuments and memorials from a different vantage point.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on weather and biking conditions.
When and Where
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is seasonal and operates from April through November, 7 days a week.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am as it’s a full-day tour.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour, such as holiday weekends and Fourth of July celebrations.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking (within the DC Metropolitan area). Transportation back to the hotel after the tour is not included.
- Rental of comfortable Citi bike, helmets, water and snacks.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guides.
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing – bike guide will meet guests at their hotel (transportation back to hotel from the dock/pier after the boat tour is not included but can be added).
- Deluxe private Sport boat experience includes soft drinks, bottled water and ice.
- Boat Captain’s gratuity is included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- 24-hour support phone number.
- Bike tour guide’s gratuity is not included.
- Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations.
- This experience cannot exceed six (6) guests due to the capacity of the boat. If you have larger parties, contact us for a custom quote with multiple bike tour guides and speed boats.
- Sunset, fireworks, or cherry blossom seasonal bookings are also available (rates may increase).
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- The order at which attractions are visited on the bike tour may vary. The number of attractions visited may also differ depending on how long guests want to stay at each site. Final itinerary is at guide’s discretion. The tour will end in either Georgetown or the Wharf where guests will get a break for lunch (cost of lunch is not included).
Important Information for guests traveling with young children: Adults and teens can enjoy riding appropriately sized bicycles while smaller children can either ride kids’ bikes or be chauffeured safely by the DC Cycling Concierge in his custom family bike (ages 4 months to 9-year-olds) and/or tag-along (ages 3 to 10-year-olds). The family bike and tag-along gives parents ease of mind about safety and predictability. And, if their kids get tired, they can coast on the tag-alongs or even sleep in the family bike.