Washington DC by Land & Sea Private Experience
This seven to eight hour private experience is a fun – and active! – way to see the best of DC from both the land as well as from the water. Your intimate experience is hosted by expert DC tour guides and gives you a chance to get up close and personal to the sights of Washington DC via pedal power, and then a chance to relax on a private boat where you can soak up the sun and views of our nation’s capital from the water. To start, your private bicycle tour guide will meet you in your hotel lobby and guide you on a fabulous four-hour bike ride where you’ll take in all the monuments, memorials and buildings around the city. Your bike tour will end near the water where you can have lunch (cost of lunch not included) before you meet up with your private U.S. Coast Guide licensed captain/tour guide. Once aboard your private sport boat you’ll enjoy a 90-minute tour on the Potomac River where you’ll see even more sights, key memorials and the beautiful shoreline, all from the magnificent vantage point of the waters surrounding DC.
April to November Only
Duration: 7 to 8-Hours
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
- Rental of comfortable Citi bike, helmets, water and snacks
- Four hours with private expert bike guide; experience the city and receive local tips
- Deluxe private Sport boat experience for 90-minutes with licensed U.S. Coast Guard Captain/Tour Guide including soft drinks, bottled water and ice
- Boat Captain’s gratuity is included
- Bike tour guide’s gratuity is not included
- Door to door service and flexible timing – bike guide will meet guests at their hotel (transportation back to hotel from the Dock/Pier after the boat tour is not included but can be added)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am as it’s a full day tour.
- This tour is seasonal operation from April – November, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour, such as holiday weekends and Fourth of July celebrations.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking (within the DC Metropolitan area). Transportation back to the hotel after the tour is not included.
- Important Information for guests traveling with young children: Adults and teens can enjoy riding appropriately sized bicycles while smaller children can either ride kids’ bikes or be chauffeured safely by the DC Cycling Concierge in his custom family bike (ages 4 months to 9-year-olds) and/or tag-along (ages 3 to 10-year-olds). The family bike and tag- along gives parents ease-of-mind about safety and predictability. And, if their kids get tired, they can coast on the tag-alongs or even sleep in the family bike.
- This experience cannot exceed six (6) guests due to the capacity of the boat. If you have larger parties, contact us for a custom quote with multiple bike tour guides and speed boats.
- Sunset, fireworks, or Cherry Blossom seasonal bookings are also available (rates may increase).
- Gratuity for the bike tour guide is not included; Gratuity is included for the US Coast Guide Captain/Tour Guide.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.