Treasures of America
The Smithsonian Institution is the world’s largest museum, education, and research complex, with 19 world-class museums in DC plus the National Zoo. With so many, how do you decide which to visit? In our opinion, the two most unique are the Air and Space Museum and the American History Museum. Both are immense so let our guide walk you through and show you the highlights. In the Air and Space Museum, you’ll see the 1903 Wright Flyer, Spirit of St. Louis, & Apollo 11 command module while at the American History Museum you’ll gaze upon the Star-Spangled Banner and George Washington’s Uniform. We recommend guests choose two locations to visit and explore from this list of Smithsonian Museums:
- National Museum of American History
- National Air and Space Museum
- American Indian Museum
- Freer Gallery of Art
- Hirschhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden
- National Museum of Natural History
- National Portrait Gallery
- African American Museum (*Timed entry pass required.)
- African Art Museum
- Smithsonian American Art Museum
- National Zoo (*Timed entry pass required – additional cost for transportation.)
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible (Museum Hours Vary)
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Guide’s gratuity is not included
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a morning start time to beat the crowds at major sites. Museum hours do vary with the majority open from 10:00am to 5:30pm.
- This tour is offered year-round 7 days per week, however, not every museum is open every day.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time & cost.
- Depending on where guests choose to start the tour and/or if they choose to visit the National Zoo, additional cost for MetroCard or transportation may be applicable.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.