SoHo Private Walking Tour
Like most of the developing city in the early years, SoHo (which stands for South of Houston Street – and by the way, it’s pronounced How-ston) started as a small village. Over time, the neighborhood went from the wealthiest, to the most industrial, to a slum called “Hell’s 100 acres.” Now it is back to trendy again. SoHo is one of the most stylish neighborhoods in New York City, with clues of its past around every corner. Several of its cast iron buildings built in the mid-1800s still stand. As you explore the area, you will get the feel of its many cobblestone streets. When artists arrived in SoHo in the 1970s, they began the revival of the neighborhood. You’ll visit two of SoHo’s famed art galleries, including the Earth Room. Next to SoHo is NoLIta – which is Northern Little Italy. The area is home to the old St. Patrick’s Cathedral. One story in particular your guide will impart is the 1799 murder of Elma Sands, the “Ghost of Spring Street.”
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
- Enjoy four (4)-hours with a private guide exploring SoHo.
- SoHo is today one of Manhattan’s most trendy neighborhoods that also exemplifies urban renewal. During the tour, guests will explore the three primary reasons for visiting SoHo. Tour will take guest to Greene Street to view the architecture and some of the world’s finest cast-iron buildings. The tour will also explore the art scene with a visit to the Earth Room or similar. Finally, guests will tour Spring Street and/or Price Street which offers some high-end shipping by famous designers such as Prada, Armani, Hugo Boss, Stella McCarty and more (any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
- Along the way you may also see: “The Queen” of Greene Street and the Haughwout Building – both distinguished cast-iron buildings, 80 Wooster Street former warehouse and the first artist co-op. During its prime, arts such as Jonas Mikas, John Lennon, Philip Glass and Andy Warhol presented their work here. Guests may also see the Morrison Hotel Gallery. (Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
When and Where
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8:00am or 9:00am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking in Lower East Side.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Flexible timing to fit your schedule.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- 24-hour support phone number.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.