Private Walking Tour of Prospect Park
Prospect Park is the second largest park in Brooklyn after Marine Park. It was laid out by Fredrick Law Olmsted who also helped design Manhattan’s Central Park. Following various changes of design, the park finally opened in 1890s. Over a period of time, it did decline but in the early 20th century programs were put in place to clean up Prospect Park. With this initiative Prospect Park Alliance was created which refurbished many parts of the park helping it become what it is today.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible (In or Near Prospect Park)
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
- Enjoy four (4)-hours with a private tour guide.
- The private tour of Prospect Park will take guests past the Litchfield Villa also referred to as “Grace Hill” which is an Italianate mansion build in 1854 on the largest private estate now in Prospect Park. From there the tour will continue to Long Meadow which stretches an approx. mile long and remains the largest unbroken meadow in any Urban US park. This is a great place to relax a bit and take pictures. The tour will then proceed to beautiful Prospect Park Boathouse which was built in the early 1900s and was one of the first buildings in New York City. It is now declared an historic landmark. The Boathouse is home to some of Brooklyn’s most elegant affairs and offers breathtaking natural setting overlooking the scenic Lullwater. From there guests will continue to Concert Grove featuring a historic pavilion and busts of famous composers and artists. The order at which attractions are visited may vary and is at guide’s discretion. (Any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
- Along the way you may also see: Prospect Park Zoo, Prospect Park Lake, Lullwater Bridge, The Ravine, The Peninsula (Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
When and Where
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8:00am or 9:00am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of Manhattan may accrue additional time & cost.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Flexible timing to fit your schedule.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- 24-hour support phone number.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.