Private Pre-Opening or After-Hours VIP Tour at The MoMA
On this VIP tour, you can enjoy the exclusive and intimate experience of touring the museum without the crowds. With a dedicated personal professional art historian leading the way, you and your guests can visit the museum before it opens to the public in the morning or in the evening after the museum is closed to the public. A professional art historian will provide a guided museum tour of the masterworks of MoMA’s collection, the museum’s architecture, and current exhibitions. Tours can be customized to focus on specific galleries, mediums, or collection areas; tours in foreign languages and tours for families and children are also available. The MoMA, home to the greatest collection of modern and contemporary art in the world, was newly renovated in 2019. Family educator tour guide specialist are available for a child-friendly experience, upon request. Tours are available in English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian and Spanish (depending on availability).
Offered Year Round
Start Time: 9:30am for Pre-Opening and 5:30pm for After-Hours
Meeting Location: Staff Entrance at 11 W. 53rd Street or Cullman Education Center at 4 W. 54th Street
Activity Level: Easy
- 1-hour exclusive pre-opening or after-closing tour at Manhattan’s Museum of
Modern Art with private museum lecturer
- Guide/lecturer gratuity is not included
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tours:
- Offered Mondays through Saturdays, year-round.
- Pre-opening tour starts at 9:30am; After-Hours tour starts at 5:30pm (Saturday after-hours tour starts at 7:00pm).
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour:
- Guests will meet their guide at either the Staff Entrance at 11 West 53rd Street or the Cullman Education Center on 54th Street.
- Gratuity for the Art Historian Guide is not included.
- Tour can be customized based on your interests.