Offered Year Round
Duration: 4-Hours (1-Hour Prison Tour)
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Private Guided Tour Eastern State Penitentiary
The highlight of this tour is a one-hour fully guided experience in the Eastern State Penitentiary, which was once the most famous and expensive prison in the world. Today it stands in ruin, a haunting block of crumbling, historic cellblocks and empty guard towers. Known for its grand architecture and strict discipline, it held many notorious lawbreakers including Al Capone. In addition to exploring the Penitentiary, you will have time to take in the sights of some of the other highlights of Philadelphia with your experienced local tour guide.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Admission into the Eastern State Penitentiary for a 1-Hour Private Guided tour
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Door to door service and flexible timing
- Driver gratuity included (guides’ gratuities not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is offered all year round, currently Wednesday through Sunday, 10:00am to 4:00pm.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick-up or drop-off outside of center city Philadelphia may incur additional costs.
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of seven.
- Gratuities for the tour guides are not included.
- Tour can be customized based on your interests.