Private Guided Tour of Eastern State Penitentiary in Philadelphia
On this private tour – that comes complete with roundtrip transportation in a luxury vehicle – you’ll get a peek inside the eerie ruins of Eastern State Penitentiary which is known for its grand architecture and strict discipline. Once the most famous and expensive prison in the world, Eastern State held many notorious lawbreakers during its heyday – including Al Capone. Along with your expert tour guide you’ll spend an hour exploring it’s haunting block of crumbling, historic cellblocks and empty guard towers – including the chance to step inside a solitary confinement cell to see what life was like for some inmates. If you wish you can extend your tour to spend more time in the Penitentiary at the various exhibits including Al Capone’s cell, Prisons Today, Jewish life at Eastern State, the Big Graph, Hidden Lives Illuminated – or you can choose to explore more highlights of the Philadelphia area with your guide.
Offered Year Round
Duration: 4-Hours (1-Hour Prison Tour)
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Admission into the Eastern State Penitentiary for a 1-Hour Private Guided tour
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Door to door service and flexible timing
- Driver gratuity included (guides’ gratuities not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is offered year round, 7 days a week, excluding holidays.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, or custom location of your liking. Pick-up or drop-off outside of center city Philadelphia may incur additional costs.
- This tour is not recommended for children under the age of seven.
- Gratuities for the tour guides are not included.
- Tour can be customized based on your interests.