Private Bronx Bike Tour
The Bronx is an exciting and perhaps one of the most cultural boroughs of New York City and has a land area of approximately 42 square miles. It’s divided by the Bronx River into the hillier section in the west and the flatter section in the east. The Bronx received many immigrant and migrant groups as it was transformed into an urban community – first from various European countries – particularly Ireland, Italy and Germany – and later from the Caribbean region such as Puerto Rico, Jamaica, Haiti and Dominican Republic – as well as African American migrants from the southern U.S. This mix has made the Bronx a wellspring of culture. The Bronx is the proud home of NYC household sights and attractions such as Bronx Zoo, Yankee Stadium, Bronx’s Little Italy and Poe Cottage to name a few. This bike tour allows guests to explore the exciting borough up close while learning about its history and culture.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Suggested 9:00am or 10:00am
Meeting Location: 111 West 110th Street, New York
Activity Level: Moderate
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
- Enjoy a seven (7)-hour bike tour through The Bronx with a private guide.
- The tour begins by taking the guests into the South Bronx which is a transforming area. It was once fairly neglected but now is revitalized with an increasing number of hip bars and galleries. The tour will then continue for views of the Bronx River and the serene falls before heading to Bronx’s Little Italy where you’ll stop for lunch (lunch is not included in pricing, see additional cost for boxed lunch below). After lunch, the tour will continue to Poe Cottage where guests will learn the story of Edgar Allen Poe’s move to the Bronx. From there guests will briefly explore the campus of Bronx Community College before heading back to home base. During the tour, the guide will share the history and culture of the area as well as inspiring and exciting knowledge and facts.
- Along the way you may also see: Parts of Upper Manhattan, Bronx Zoo and Yankee Stadium.
- A stop for lunch will be made along the way. (Lunch is not included.)
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
When and Where
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 9:00am or 10:00am.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is 111 West 110th Street in New York City (between Malcolm X Boulevard and Adam Powell Boulevard).
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Bike rental and helmet.
- Flexible timing to fit your schedule.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- 24-hour support phone number.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.