Private Bagel Making, Cragel and Donut Deluxe NYC Food Tour
When you think of New York City – what food comes to mind? If you said bagels, you’d most likely be in the majority. There’s nothing like an NYC bagel for breakfast, brunch, lunch – and heck for dinner too! Now you can experience the best of the best thanks to our EXCLUSIVE Private Bagel Making, Cragel and Donut Deluxe NYC Food Tour.
Now, this is not your ordinary NYC bagel tour. Why? Because on our exclusive NYC private tour, you’ll have the rare opportunity to get hands-on by helping to make authentic New York bagels at the best bagel shop in the city! And no food tour would be complete without sampling the fare – meaning you get to taste the best bagels, cream cheeses and lox the Big Apple has to offer as well!
And it’s not just bagels you get to learn about – you’ll also visit the bagel shop that makes the world’s only “cragel” – a half-bagel, half-croissant, that combines the dense chewiness of the bagel with the buttery flakiness of the croissant.
Finally, as you may have surmised by the title of this experience, you’ll finish on a sweet note with a donut from a famous donut shop that’s been a Brooklyn staple for over 60 years – and was featured in the latest Spider-Man movie!
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Private Bagel Making, Cragel and
Donut Deluxe NYC Food Tour
Itinerary & Highlights
- Your Beyond Times Square exclusive bagel adventure begins when your professional driver and expert, licensed tour guide pick you up at your hotel in a private luxury vehicle.
- From there you’ll head to your first stop, Utopia Bagels in Whitestone, Queens. Here you’ll not only discover the history of this iconic food and how it’s made, but you’ll also get a unique hands-on bagel rolling and baking experience! And of course, you’ll also get to sample those delicious hot fresh bagels, a variety of spreads, and a luxurious lox sandwich.
- After that amazing experience you’ll get back into your luxury vehicle and continue to the next stop on the tour, which is Bagel Point in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. This particular bagel shop is home to the famous “cragel” which is a pastry that combines a bagel and a croissant for one tasty treat. Here you will also get to sample the fare and if you would like you can also take part in another hands-on rolling experience.
- And if that isn’t enough yumminess for one day, after your cragel expedition you’ll take a short stroll down the block to Brooklyn’s best donut shop, Peter Pan Donuts, where you’ll finish the day off with a sweet treat of your choice.
- When your NYC food tour comes to an end, and you are now officially a “bagel expert,” your luxury transfer will be waiting to take you back to your hotel or other predetermined drop-off location.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent on traffic and weather conditions.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Door-to-door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of Manhattan)
- 4-Hours with a bagel expert on a guided tour of “the bagel capital of the world” including:
- Private demonstration and class
- Hands-on bagel rolling and baking experience
- Learn the dos and don’ts of New York’s bagel culture
- Sample the best bagels, spreads, cragels and donuts NYC has to offer
- Driver gratuity included
- 24-hour support phone number
*Gratuity for the tour guide is not included
Starting from: $579 per guest