Private After-Hour Tour of Old North Church
Old North Church. Built in 1723. The starting place of the American Revolutionary War. The inspiration for Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous poem line “One if by land, and two if by sea.” It also sparked Paul Revere’s midnight ride on the eve of April 18, 1775, when the church sexton, Robert Newman and Captain John Pulling Jr. climbed the steeple and held high two lanterns as a signal from Paul Revere that the British were marching to Lexington and Concord by sea (not by land) across the Charles River. Now you can explore Boston’s oldest surviving church building and one of the Freedom Trail’s most visited historical sites without the crowds – after-hours on this private, guided experience. During the hour and a half tour you’ll visit the Sanctuary plus the Crypt where over 1,100 bodies lie. You’ll also visit the church’s bell tower for a rare behind-the-scenes tour of the archive room and bell-ringing chamber. Don’t miss this chance to tour “one of the best destinations in New England” the VIP way!
Offered Year Round
Duration: 4-Hours (1.5 Hour Tour)
Start Time: Tour Starts at 6:00 PM
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Door to door service
- After Hours and Behind the Scenes Private 1.5 Hour Guided Tour
- Driver gratuity included (guide’s gratuity is not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is offered year round.
- Tour begins at 6:00 pm, Tuesdays through Sundays.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick-up or drop-off outside of Boston city limits may incur additional costs.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- Please note that the Crypt is in a basement setting with low lighting and uneven surfaces and is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
- Tour can be customized based on your interests.