Private After Hour Tour of Boston’s Old North Church
Old North Church was the starting place of the American Revolutionary war and the inspiration for Henry Wadsworth Longfellow’s famous poem line “One if by land, and two if by sea” and also sparked Paul Revere’s midnight ride. On the eve of April 18,1775, the church sexton, Robert Newman, and Captain John Pulling Jr. climbed the steeple and held high two lanterns as a signal from Paul Revere that the British were marching to Lexington and Concord by sea (not by land) across the Charles River. Built in 1723, the Old North Church is Boston’s oldest surviving church building and one of the Freedom Trail’s most visited historical sites. On this private after-hours guided tour, guests will visit the Sanctuary plus the Crypt where over 1,100 bodies lie underneath the sanctuary and will tour the church’s bell tower for a rare behind-the-scenes tour of the archive room and the bell ringing chamber. The Old North Church has been named one of the best destinations in New England welcoming over 500,00 visitors each year. This private after-hours tour allows you to experience this unique and stirring monument to liberty without the crowds.
Offered Year Round
Duration: 4-Hours (1.5 Hour Tour)
Start Time: Tour Starts at 6:00 PM
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy to Moderate
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Door to door service
- After Hours and Behind the Scenes Private 1.5 Hour Guided Tour
- Driver gratuity included (guide’s gratuity is not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- This tour is offered year round.
- Tour begins at 6:00 pm, Tuesdays through Sundays.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick-up or drop-off outside of Boston city limits may incur additional costs.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- Please note that the Crypt is in a basement setting with low lighting and uneven surfaces and is not wheelchair or stroller accessible.
- Tour can be customized based on your interests.