Lower East Side Private Walking Tour
Discover how the Lower East Side evolved as it welcomed wave after wave of immigrants, including the Irish, Germans, Eastern Europeans, Italians, Chinese, and Latin Americans. Learn about life in the tenements in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. You will see what people endured to come to America and learn how they lived, worked, and made the best of what they had. Every culture that passed through the Lower East Side has left its mark; discover an intact synagogue from 1887, and another synagogue that is now a Buddhist temple. Before the arrival of the immigrants, the area was a farmland. In fact, Orchard Street on the Lower East Side was named for what it once ran through: Mr. de Lancy’s orchards. Several stops will be made along the way to illustrate the area’s rich history.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Program Highlights Include
- Experience Lower Eastside and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Guide’s gratuity is not included.
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel door step, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or lunch, custom location of your liking or pre-determined location in Lower East Side. Pick up or drop off locations outside of Manhattan may accrue additional time & cost.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
Starting from: $599