High Line & Chelsea Market & Meatpacking District Private Walking Tour
Until 1958, the building that houses the famous Chelsea Market was a Nabisco factory, and less than 20 years ago, it was used for light manufacturing. Fifteen years ago, the area known as the Meatpacking District was known for just that, plus some really “interesting” night clubs, and many used the street as a place to do business. About 10 years ago, the park called the High Line was an abandoned elevated railway and the park was only on paper. Today, the area is one of the hottest in Manhattan. Chelsea Market has some of the best food purveyors in the city. Bring your appetite and get something to eat. The Meatpacking District, with its cobblestone streets, still has some grit and its checkered past along with all kinds of new development mixed in. You’ll learn a lot from your guide who will point out things only a professional will know. The most important addition to the area has been the High Line Park, which went from urban decay to metropolitan oasis. Walk a portion of the High Line with your guide as she tells you its secrets and stories.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- This walking tour can accommodate up to 12 guests
- Guide’s gratuity is not included
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Chelsea Market & The Meatpacking District can be visited at any time of the year. The High Line Park can also be visited throughout the year but is most colorful during spring and summer.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.