Exploring the Boroughs of NYC Sightseeing Tour
Harlem: Almost a city unto itself, Harlem is one of the most famous neighborhoods in the world. Founded by the Dutch in 1658, Harlem was once farmland and the first US home of hundreds of thousands of European immigrants. The center of New York City’s African American culture, Harlem is a diverse neighborhood with a vibrant and influential history. Your fully guided tour explores the changing face of Harlem, with special focus on the Harlem Renaissance of the 1920s and 1930s.
Bronx: The Bronx is the only borough connected to the North American continent. It gets its name from the Bronx River, named for Jonas Bronck, one of the first settlers in the 1600s. The Bronx continues to surprise even native New Yorkers. Most notably known for its world-famous baseball team, it also has beaches, a globally recognized zoo, a botanical garden, and countless historic sites.
Queens & Brooklyn: As you depart the Bronx for Brooklyn, the route will take you through Queens, driving by Citi-Field (where the Mets play baseball), the Billie Jean King Tennis Complex (home of the US Open), and Flushing-Corona Park (home of the 1939 World’s Fair Globe). Arrive in Brooklyn, the real crossroads of the world. Traditional and hip, city and suburb, historic and cutting edge, cultured and gritty, Brooklyn is a city unto itself (if it were to be a separate city, it would be one of the most populated in the USA and maybe the most culturally diverse). You and your guide enter at the northern edge and travel through Williamsburg (including the large Hasidic Community), Ft. Greene, Brooklyn Heights, and DUMBO.es from Harwich.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Tour Itinerary & Highlights
- Enjoy eight (8)-hours with a private vehicle and tour guide.
- This tour will first head towards Harlem where guests will explore the Renaissance Period passing by famous institutions such as the Apollo Theatre and the Cotton Club. When done in Harlem, guests will head to the Bronx where they will visit Belmont (known as the “Real Little Italy of New York”) and learn about the vibrant history and culture of the Bronx, plus will enjoy a visit to lively Arthur Avenue. Other possible stops and drive-bys may include the Edgar Allan Poe Cottage, the former home of writer Edgar Allan Poe, and the iconic Yankee Stadium. Enroute to Brooklyn, the tour will go through Queens where guests will get to see Citi-Field, Billie Jean King Tennis Complex as well as Flushing – Corona Park. In Brooklyn, guests will travel through Williamsburg where they will get a taste of the hipster lifestyle before visiting Ft. Greene, Brooklyn Heights and DUMBO before heading back to Manhattan. (Any indoor entrances that require a ticket are not included).
- Along the way you may also see: Harlem’s 125th street, Cathedral of St. John Divine, Grand Concourse, Brooklyn Bridge, Barclays Center, Fulton Ferry Park and stunning skylines of Manhattan (Indoor entrance tickets are not included for any locations).
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
When and Where
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8:00am or 9:00am as it is a full day.
- This tour is offered all year round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of Manhattan may accrue additional time & cost.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of Manhattan).
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included).
- 24-hour support phone number.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.