Washington DC Cherry Blossom Festival Private Pedicab Tour (March 20 thru April 16, 2023)
There is quite possibly no time of year that Washington DC is more beautiful than in springtime, thanks to Mother Nature and the seemingly endless cherry blossoms that blanket the city in pink. And – there is no better way to experience the beauty of these cherry blossoms than up close and personal while being chauffeured in a pedicab on our DC Cherry Blossom Festival Private Pedicab Tour.
Your pedicab adventure takes you around the Tidal Basin and the National Mall, both of which just so happen to be the focal points of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, a spring celebration in DC that commemorates the gift of Japanese cherry trees from the mayor of Japan in 1912 to DC (and a wonderful symbol of friendship between nations).
As you sit back in comfort, your expert tour guide will provide detailed explanations on the monuments and memorials you pass and will happily make stops along the way at any you wish to take a closer look at. From the Washington Monument to the Jefferson, Lincoln, FDR, Martin Luther King, Vietnam and WWII Memorials, to the White House, the Capitol and more – this private and customized tour is both entertaining and educating!
PLEASE NOTE: While the average peak bloom date is typically the end of March into the beginning of April, we cannot guarantee when the cherry blossoms will be in full bloom as the bloom depends on the weather in the weeks and months ahead. Even without the cherry blossoms, this tour will be a highlight of your visit to Washington DC.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
Washington DC Cherry Blossom Festival
Private Pedicab Tour
Itinerary & Highlights
- Enjoy a three (3) hour ride with an expert, professional tour guide/pedicab driver.
- Your tour will include all the well-known monuments and memorials in the National Mall area and Tidal Basin, the Presidential Parade Route and the Capitol.
- You will also see many other monuments, memorials, structures and “hidden gems” that no other tour includes during your time in the pedicab.
- All stops, timing and inclusions of the tour are dependent upon traffic and weather conditions.
When and Where
- The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- On average, the blooms come out sometime around the last week of March through the first week of April, but we cannot control Mother Nature and thus, cannot guarantee the dates of the cherry blossoms. However, the National Cherry Blossom Festival, Inc. has chosen the 2023 bloom period to run from March 20th to April 16th.
- This tour is also offered all year round, 7-days a week, and at any time of the day or night.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date of the tour, such as federal holidays.
- The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start anywhere near the National Mall either at your hotel doorstep or museum, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast, lunch or dinner, or custom location of your liking. Pick-up or drop-off locations more than 0.5 miles from the National Mall may accrue additional time and costs.
- Ride in comfort in your own private pedicab with professional driver/tour guide.
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide.
- Door to door service and flexible timing (additional charge for outside of 0.5 miles of the National Mall area).
- This tour is child and pet friendly.
- Tour can be customized based on your interests.
- 24-hour support phone number.
- Guide/Driver gratuity is not included.
- This tour is not recommended to be conducted in the rain. If inclement weather, tour will be either rescheduled or cancelled with full refund given.