African American Heritage Tour of Washington DC
This tour allows guests to explore African American heritage and culture which has played a major part in the development of the DC area. The tour guide will discuss history going back to the times of slavery along with the more modern aspects of African American Heritage. This private tour will visit the area known as Black Broadway – the U-street Corridor where guests will learn the history and challenges this area once faced.
Guests will also see some of the most well known monuments and memorials related to the American Civil Rights Movement such as the Martin Luther King Memorial, The African American Civil War Memorial as well as the Lincoln Memorial. The tour will also allow for a walk to the Howard University Campus where the current Vice President, Kamala Harris, once attended.
Offered Year Round
Start Time: Flexible
Meeting Location: Flexible
Activity Level: Easy
- Ride in comfort in our luxury vehicles with professional drivers and bottled water
- Experience the city and receive local tips from your savvy local guide
- Door to door service and flexible timing
- Driver gratuity included (guide gratuity is not included)
- 24-hour support phone number
The starting time and date of the tour are customizable to fit your schedule.
- We recommend a start time of 8am or 9am to beat the crowds at major sites.
- This tour is offered year-round, 7-days a week.
- Restrictions may apply depending on the date and time of the tour.
The starting location of the tour is customizable to fit your schedule. The tour can start at your hotel doorstep, at a restaurant where you just finished breakfast or custom location of your liking. Pick up or drop off locations outside of the DC Metropolitan area may accrue additional time & cost.
- Gratuity for the tour guide is not included.
- We can customize the tour and stops to fit your needs upon request.