Custom Family Trips
For a great family itinerary in Washington, D.C., include time at the annual Family Engineering Day. The whole family will enjoy exploring a variety of opportunities for hands-on learning at the National Building Museum.
Nearly 30 Family Day exhibitors present basic science and engineering principles through hands-on and mind-challenging activities. Special demonstrations are also sprinkled throughout the day. Past features include:
- Engineer and TV personality Nate Ball demonstrating the reverse-rappelling Atlas Powered Ascender
- One of NASCAR champion Jeff Gordon’s replica racecars, courtesy of DuPont
- Former Space Shuttle Columbia astronaut Dr. Roger Crouch
- Appearances by stars of the PBS Kids TV show ZOOM
- A model of one of NASA’s Mars Exploration Rovers
- A Blind Driver Challenge simulator from the National Federation of the Blind
Each family is unique with different ages and interests. By collaborating with a Discover New York and Beyond Destination Specialist, your itinerary will be designed so that the children have fun while they learn. Unlike New York’s constant buzz of people on the streets, Washington, D.C. can look formidable with long, horizontal stone buildings, monuments and memorials. Discover New York and Beyond’s Guides will explain what happens in those big, horizontal buildings, who works there and how it affects our daily life. Hear the stories about the famous people memorialized and why.
Contact a Discover New York and Beyond Destination Specialist to design the perfect custom family travel experience for your family to match your budget and goals.