Add depth to your visit of Lower Manhattan with one of Discover New York and Beyond’s educators. See what is hidden in plain view, including the background around events of 9/11.
- Explore the changes taking place along the waterfront and the gorgeous gardens. Understand who selects the artists that create the sculptures that are both permanent and temporary.
- Hear the stories about the people that created the New York that we know today from the standpoint of immigration.
- Learn about the Dutch traders and how the city became the capital of world commerce.
- History buffs will love the stories about the New York families that contributed to the foundation of Independence from England and how the city became the nations’ first capital.
- The architecture in Lower Manhattan is stunning and you’ll hear about the architects that have contributed to the skyline and who lives where and why.
The 9/11 Memorial Museum is an educational center that will have public programs to educate the visitor about the events on September 11, 2001.
9/11 Memorial Site hours are daily from 10:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Last entry is at 7:00 PM.
9/11 Museum hours from May 21, 2014 – Sept. 21, 2014, Daily, 9:00 AM – 8:00 PM. Last entry is at 7:00 PM.
Call +1 212-370-1319 or email firstname.lastname@example.org and schedule your New York experience.