New York is one of the greatest cities in the world. If you’re planning a trip here, you definitely want to make sure it’s one you’ll never ever forget. Luckily, the best experiences in NYC are easier than ever to come across. Just stick with Beyond Times Square, and we’ll give you inside access to the best experiences in NYC. Here are three ways to get the most out of your visit…
Explore other areas in NYC
Times Square is an amazing must-see attraction, but it’s just the tip of the iceberg as far as what NYC has to offer. Unfortunately, many tourists make the mistake of spending way too much time in Times Square, missing out on other fantastic attractions and areas. We recommend that you leave crowded and noisy Times Square and check out:
- SoHo. This hip lower Manhattan neighborhood—named because it’s South of Houston Street—is famous for art, history, and upscale shopping including excellent international boutiques and outlet stores.
- Battery Park. This 25-acre Manhattan Island park is at the southern tip of the island and faces the NYC harbor. The short subway trip from Grand Central to Battery Park is a stress-free, convenient, and easy journey.
- Brooklyn. Going from Times Square to the Brooklyn Bridge and into Brooklyn is an excellent idea. As one of the most diverse places in the world, Brooklyn is a vibrant community with tons of things to do, see, and enjoy, including the Brooklyn Botanic Garden, Prospect Park Zoo, enjoying art in DUMBO, and a historical visit to the Brooklyn Navy Yard.
- Harlem and The Bronx. A fully guided tour of Harlem provides you with inside access to one of the most famous and culturally significant neighborhoods in the world. A trip to the Bronx gives you the chance to check out some of the best experiences in NYC, like its world-famous zoo, botanical garden, countless historic sites, and more.
- The Intrepid Museum. Don’t miss the Sea, Air, and Space Museum and National Historic Landmark on the west side of Manhattan.
Taking advantage of these unique things to do in NYC ensures you won’t miss a thing and will get the absolute most out of your trip. You won’t be limiting yourself only to staple NYC attractions.
Act like a local
The best way to have a true NYC experience is to act like a local. Some easy ways to do this are:
- Learn how to navigate the subway and take it as much as possible
- Wear comfortable shoes
- Dress for the weather (layers will become your best friend)
- Avoid chain restaurants and tourist traps as much as possible
All locals know that the coolest places to eat in NYC are relatively unknown and unadvertised (don’t worry, we’ll show you all of them). Just let us know in advance what type of food you’d like and will give you an unlimited amount of amazing options.
Do your research
The best experiences in NYC always require a bit of research. Being prepared is always a great idea. For the ultimate New York experience, we recommend researching:
- Attraction tickets
- Broadway show times
- Sporting events
- Concerts in town during your trip
- Museum hours and ticket prices
- Restaurant ratings
- Ways to navigate the subway
It’s important to keep in mind that you might not be able to fit everything into one trip. Also, be open-minded and flexible because sometimes NYC can be unpredictable—in a good way, of course.
Exploring other areas of NYC, acting like a local, and doing research before your trip are three ways to guarantee you get the best experiences in NYC. You won’t miss a thing and will have the time of your life. If you need any help or advice, please contact Beyond Times Square to speak with one of our expert NYC guides. They’ll give you all the information you need and more.