Monuments of the National Mall and Other Landmarks
Sightseeing and Attractions: (Duration: 4 hours)
Meet your guide at your hotel and make your way to the National Mall. For more than 200 years, the National Mall has symbolized our nation and its democratic values, which have inspired the world. The National Mall – the great swath of green in the middle of our capital city and stretching from the foot of the United States Capitol to the Potomac River – is the premiere civic and symbolic space in our nation.
National Mall and Memorial Parks protects the National Mall and its iconic monuments and memorials and over 1,000 acres of green space in Washington D.C.
The National Mall includes the Washington Monument, Smithsonian Castle, Martin Luther King Jr. Memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, World War II Memorial, Vietnam War Memorial, and FDR Memorial.
Tour will include the following sights and/or stops:
- Capitol Building (to include a public tour, add 2 hours to this tour – based on availability)
- Library of Congress (Reading room) - Martin Luther King, Jr. Memorial
- White House (view from Pennsylvania Avenue) - Franklin D. Roosevelt Memorial
- Supreme Court (view of court room) - Jefferson Memorial
- Lincoln Memorial - Washington Monument
- Reflecting Pool - Major Buildings
If you would like more information or to reserve this program, please click here.